Saturday, July 13, 2013

LIEBSTER Award ... WOW!

WOW!  What a surprise & honor to be nominated for this award!
A HUGE thank you to Charlotte G. @ Making Each Day Count.
I am so surprised & honored!  Thanks for finding me &
including me in your list.  I have been in the bloggy world for
less than a month & I am so happy people are finding me.
I have so much to share &
hope you will stay along for the journey!

The Liebster Award is given to blogs with less than 200 followers.  I am currently at 3 which is an honor in itself.  :)
I would love for you to join me.


There are also other criteria that I need to follow:

1.  Link back to the blog that nominated me.
2. Answer the questions posted for me by my nominator.
3.  Share 11 random facts about myself.
4.  Create 11 questions for my nominees.
5.  Nominate 5-11 blogs with fewer than 200 followers. 
6.  Contact my nominees to let them know that I nominated them.

Here I go ...  this may take a little while.



Eleven questions for my nominees by Charlotte @ Making Each Day Count
1.  What are three teacher websites you think are under utilized but couldn't imagine not having?

Class Dojo, is a fantastic website for classroom behavior. TPT is fantastic to build up your resources.  I could not believe how much Pinterest has change the way I teach, too.  So many good ideas shared & easy to find.
  
2.  How are you spending YOUR summer?
My summer seems to be flying by!!!  I am working on my house, teaching at church, hanging out with family & friends, and trying to enrich my own children's lives as much as possible.
I have also been working on fun crafty projects ...

3.  Why did you start blogging?
I really feel I have so much to share & I love technology.  Once I get my feet wet, I can't wait to start sharing my creations with teachers around the world.  I love to create!


4.  How do you overcome or manage pencil issues in your classroom?
Oh, pencils ...  I am blessed with a wonderful helper who sharpened tons of pencils for me last year.  My kinders seemed to eat them & some of them were caught eating the tops off ... YUCK!  I have containers for sharpened & broken pencils and a drawer full of extras, just in case.  I also try to give them out for holidays & rewards.  That way they are getting a new fun pencil often.  They like to keep up with the fancy pencils.


5.  What is your favorite movie?
Hummmmm, anything Disney.  I am a HUGE Disney FREAK!

6.  What routine or procedure will you change for the upcoming school year?  Why?
I am jumping up to 2nd from Kinder, so I will be changing all of my routines & procedures to some degree. I have no idea what to expect from these older kiddos because I had been teaching kinder for 16 years. YIKES!

7.  What would you be doing if you weren't an educator?
WOW!  Good question.  I would love to be a stay at home mom.  I really feel like I miss out on some of their "Firsts" and I really wish I could be at every party and special event.  I also love photography.  I would love to take shots of families.


8.  Where do you like to shop for your teacher materials?
I shop at Dollar Tree & other dollar stores.  I also shop at Target, Walmart, & Mardel.

9.  Who are the special people in your life?
My family!  My kids are the most special people in my life, Andrew (19), Kalyn (6), & Corey (4)!  I just love spending time with them and listening to the funny things they say!  My parents are AMAZING!!!  I would not be where I am today if it were not for them.

10. Who was your favorite K-12 teacher?  What impression did they leave on you? 
I loved all of the teachers that taught me science.  I am excited I get to teach science next year!  I really enjoyed the experiments & hands-on activities. 

11. What was your favorite show growing up?
The Smurfs, Family Ties, Growing Pains, and the Facts of Life :o)


11 Random Facts About me:
1.  I HATE to cook! My family is sad when I am cooking and not getting take out.
2.  I hoard teaching materials. I need intervention.
3.  I have WAY too many projects going on at the same time.  I am ADHD!
4.  I love the Harry Potter books & movies.  I got hooked on it when my oldest was young & never gave it up.
5.  My husband says I live in my own Disney World because I like to believe that everything is going to work out & everyone is good & decent.
6.  I once jumped on a train & had no idea where it was headed.  Yahoo!
7.  I was an Apache Belle @ TJC in 1990-1992. I love to dance!
8.  I like to go camping.
9.  I love Chinese food! Crab Puffs ... YUM!
10.  I do not like roaches ... summers in Texas can be gross!
11.  I cuddle my kiddos as often as I can, they are growing up too fast!


11 Questions for my Nominees:
1.  How many years have you been teaching & what grade(s)? 
2. Do you Pinterest?  Copy & paste your boards in your answer if you do & I will follow you.
3.  What project are you working on at this moment?
4.  What made you become a blogger?
5.  What is a funny quote from one of your students?
6.  What is your favorite book?
7.  Who has been most influential in your life?
8.  Do you have any favorite blogs? Which ones?
9.  If you could get any resource for your classroom for free, what would it be?
10.  Have you seen any movies out this summer?  Which one?
11.  Do you get to come and go in your classroom during the summer or do you have to wait until Aug.?

Nominees:
1.  Mrs. Balius's First Grade
2.  Lights! Camera! Action!
3.  Relax with a Great Book
4.  Love Teaching Kids
5.  Tidbits From Ms. Pitts

I would love to know your answers, please comment & leave your link on my page.  I am excited to be apart of the blogging world!  Thanks again, Charlotte @ Making Each Day Count for nominating me.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for nominating me for Liebster Award. I was thrilled when I received your email. It was so much fun. Here is the link: http://mspitts2ndgraders.blogspot.com/2013/07/liebster-award.html
    I am your newest follower. Have a wonderful summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome! I love your blog & I am following you. I was excited to get nominated, too. Thanks for taking the time to answer the questions. I really enjoyed reading your answers. I hope you have the most successful school year, yet! I am new to 2nd & I am a little nervous. Wish me luck …

      Delete