Monday, July 22, 2013

Monday Made It~My First!








I am so excited to Link in with Tara!
This is my first “Made It Monday”
It may be kinda lame this week … I promise to get better.  I am still new to blogging and I am trying to find my way through.
I have 3 projects to share with you today.

Project #1
I took a plain microphone from Party City that I had used for a couple of years.
The glitter was flaking & my son had cracked the tube.
I was not throwing it away ;O)
I wrapped the tub with zebra duct tape, re-glittered the top & sealed it with Mod Podge, and added some yellow boa to the neck.  I may add happy face stickers to the tube when I return to school.
(Our theme this year is ROCK)


Project #2

Here is my hand sanitizer for my desk.  I used my trusty zebra duct tape & soon a ribbon.  I may add my happy face stickers to this one, too.
I am taking off the boa when I buy the ribbon I like.

(Hobby Lobby was closed on Sun. Boo for me!)

Project #3


Here is my tape dispenser for my desk.  I used zebra tissue paper & Mod Podge.  Yes, I know they sell some already made, but I had the materials laying around.  I am cheap thrifty like that. The zebra tissue is from Hobby Lobby & is thicker than regular tissue paper.  I love the way it turned out.  I may do this to all my dispensers.    


I hope you love my projects!
I would love for you to follow my blog or
follow me on Facebook!
Happy Monday!

Karen

6 comments:

  1. Thats a cute microphone! What are you going to use it for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Second Grade Serenade (love your name!)
      I am going to use it during share time and as a talking stick. In kinder, the kids like to use it when reading their poetry. They are fun just the way you purchase them, but I needed to save mine from the trash :o)If you have a great idea, I would love to hear it!

      Delete
  2. Great Idea with saving the microphone. Duct tape is the best.
    Tammy

    Mrs. Flickinger's Butterfly Oasis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope that helps someone save their own mic. LOL I love my Zebra tape!

      Delete
  3. Oh I need to decorate my tape dispenser. Yours is adorable. Sara B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks & it took no time at all & dried fast. Post a pic if you make yours! Happy Decorating!

      Delete